Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Walking Into The Light

"Bittersweet": "Detroit, MI here...I have been tossing and turning all night long and finally gave up and got up, put the kids things together in case I didn't get back in time, made a cup a sweet chai and packed a book in my purse. The parking lot was packed, the trees full of color and the air full of hope. All this and it was only 6:30 am.

Everyone there was joyful, hopeful and polite to one another. One Love. We all talked about this lady, Barack's grandmother, and how she already knew and died with the peace of having raised to adulthood one good and exceptional man/human being. May we all know this feeling.

I took in every moment and after casting my ballot I walked outside and felt like I was looking at the sun for the first time in 8 years."

No comments: