Thursday, January 03, 2008

Booze, Cigarettes and Tons of Grass

Why booze and cigarettes are essential for good journalism - Slate Magazine: "please do not bring any alcoholic beverages into the newsroom."

I'm from the rock world of years ago and I have never had to take a drug test. I'd like to think I would pee on their shoes instead, but I've never had to face the choices - job or grass, because, well, I was raised right. Back in '69 we smoked dope at the job; all day. We turned out some of the best recordings ever made by humans, and we loved life a lot.

Over the years the idiots took over the country and the Security-Guard mentality seeped into family life and into the souls of otherwise great individuals.

Of course, I can't stand to talk to any of them because they're lying to themselves likkity-split, their kids are nervous wrecks, and all I see is that nothing good can ever come of resisting the breadth of life.

Go for the higher law and do what you know you must do, because if we don't live our life, nobody will.

No comments: