Monday, March 17, 2008

Bama Go Boom, God Damnit

"I Coulda Been A Contender"
Speaking about Reverend Wright on Olbermann's program:

"He's an African-American man, who, because of his life experience continues to have a lot of anger and frustration, and will express that in ways that are very different from me and my generation, partly because I benefited from the struggles of that early generation. And so, part of what we're seeing here is a transition from the past to the future. And I hope that our politics represents the future.

...and on CNN:

And part of what I think I see in Reverend Wright is somebody who grew up in the '60s, had very different life experiences than I had, has continued to harbor a lot of anger and frustration about discrimination that he may have experienced. And, so, his life experiences have been very different than mine. And part of what is going on within the African-American community is a transition, in which some of the rhetoric and statements and -- and frustrations of the past have given way to opportunities that I have experienced, and -- which is part of the reason why I speak in very different terms. And that's part of what our campaign has been about, is to surface some of these issues and to be able to move forward and get beyond them."

Obama will escape the mincemeat machine if he can make those words sing. But he is up against the negative, narcotic forces of the media, aligned against anyone or anything that might threaten it's control of the culture.

No comments: