Tuesday, September 03, 2013

GOP Sabotage Fetish: Can An Honest Syria Debate Occur?


When I read about "red lines" or "line in the sand" - or any other lingual prancing, from an American politician, I immediately wince and back away, because I don't think our country is willing to do what is neccessary to win what we seek on the world stage. Or, to say it a different way: Alexander the Great was challenged to play a difficult chess-like game by one of his skilled, famous and excellent teachers, to whom Alexander said, "Alright, but you can't beat me!" Sensing the cocky brashness of youth, the teacher began a game, which continued until he had his student nearly in check - at which time Alexander swept his arm across the board, scattering all the pieces, saying "You see, you cannot beat me."
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: