Monday, April 04, 2011

Andy Warhol Statue Unveiled In Union Square


Ouch! I'm out of caviar?? Which one of my progressiv­e butlers forgot to pick up some more...



As for Warhol - not to keep kicking this old can down the hall - I don't think it matters what you or I think about him. What's critical is that it is not possible to understand the art of the pop era of the sixties without including the work and world of Warhol; in the same way that it's not possible to understand 20th century art of any kind without Picasso.



As it happens, I actually have no affinity for anything Picasso did - anything - yet I know full well that he and his work lived at the heart of the art world of an entire century.



So go ahead and dislike your brains out, but I wouldn't assume that you're speaking for the nature and value of art. That's above our pay grade...
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: