Friday, April 05, 2013

10 Reasons To Quit Your Job This Year


When I was a young man in the 60s, you could take a warm day - squeeze it, and get 20 bucks. I once followed a girl to UCLA campus and - on the spur of the moment, registered for classes - with the money I had in my pocket. That world is so dead. That ease of life is a breeze down the road, moving further and further away - see, now it's gone!

The circumstances of history landed me smack in the middle of the middle, where I enjoyed a wonderful career in the arts and theater, as a composer, in the film industry, as a teacher at a University, and also as an employee in a large institution, doing interesting work and building a retirement plan in trade for more modest wages.

It all worked out, but that scenario no longer breathes. The present and the future do not spring from that history. It's as you described - the middle-class is vaporizing. Count how many boats are in the driveways of suburb A, and how many RVs in suburb B. The only way out is to become not just a singular quantity, but an army on the move, representing your own interests, de-throning that thing in your way, and making things happen for you.

Obviously I truly enjoyed your article !
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: