Wednesday, March 30, 2011

South Carolina Lawmakers Take Dim View Of New Light Bulbs


I've spent oodles on different types of bulbs and am way underwhelm­ed by the choices - maybe I should dig deeper, but the big, nagging issue for me is that used CFL bulbs will not disappear, and the amount of mercury that will snake its way into our lives will increase - in land fills and water sources and the carpets of hotel rooms - forever, or until someone figures out how not to use mercury - maybe you.



I am indeed a liberal and I never swallow the rightie line - I've got my own crap-detec­tor. But it's also really true that I know very little about all this, so the chance of me being sold a bunch of bull is quite high, and the inner progressiv­e voice says that profit is driving us to the cliff, not a gladed park.



This isn't your grandmothe­rs old earth - this is Wal-Earth and we're renters.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: