Tuesday, July 19, 2005

WORLD VIEWS: London bombing fallout: is Blair to blame?; don't blame all Muslims; how is a British Muslim extremist made?; and more

WORLD VIEWS: London bombing fallout: is Blair to blame?; don't blame all Muslims; how is a British Muslim extremist made?; and more: "Azzam Tamimi, a representative of the Muslim Association of Britain, told listeners 'that the Muslim community would not suffer in silence for the crimes of the suicide bombers.' He said, 'We will continue to talk ... and we will continue to challenge the government. I say to Muslims, do not bow to pressure to keep accepting those pointing fingers at you.'
Tamimi mixed advice to fellow U.K. Muslims with an admonishment of Blair's government. He told the crowd: 'Say, 'No, I'm not responsible for what happened on July 7. My heart bleeds, I condemn it, yes, but I did not make those boys angry. I did not send those bombs to Iraq. I do not keep people locked in Guant�namo Bay and I do not have anything to do with Abu Ghraib, except to denounce it.' Politicians, see what you have done to this world?'"

No comments: