Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gods 'A Poppin'

S.F. Calling; Paul Kantner Here... Come In !!!: "I make fun of people who are religious, because I think they're fundamentally weak. But I want you to know that on a personal level, when it comes to believing in God, I tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created us in his own image, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I tried to believe it. But I have to tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize... something is fucked.

Something is wrong. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong.

If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being. This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. In any well-managed universe, this guy would have been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago.

So. if there is a God - if there is - I think reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent and maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a shit. Which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of his results."

God is about whatever you need God to be about, but it is always all about words.

No comments: