Monday, May 30, 2011

Sympathy for the Devil: Why the Major Labels Might Be Right This Time


Ok, I thought about it, and I'm still not going back to buying a CD full of tunes when all I want is one tune.



The record industry is like the Yellow Pages - which should have owned internet search, but gave it up to Yahoo, and then Google, because something stopped them from evolving. The record business should have stood by the new internet doorway and figured out the new rules, but instead they stayed in their darkened warehouses and plotted ways to charge me for everything going in my ears.



Someone has already tried to make the legal argument that singing a song in an elevator is illegal distributi­on of a copyrighte­d work to non-paying listeners.



I say start singing...
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: