Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Authentic Devils Food Cake

Charles Warner: Advertisers Should Not Cancel Ads in Glenn Beck's Program: I don't have a zillion bucks to pay for a campaign against what I disagree with. But HanniRushBeck, et al, have that kind of money - and there they are on TV, spouting what I believe to be morally and ethically wrong.

Your argument is a weak one - to say the least. "They have the right to be jerks", is what you are saying. I am saying something else. I am saying that I have the obligation to drive them out of the argument; to ruin them in any way I can and want; to shame and punish them as publicly as possible. And, maybe I will do all those things - and maybe I won't. Maybe I'll do far more interesting things, but what I will definitely not do is buy 'All Bran' after I've seen their ad on the HanniRushBeck show. You say that's meaningless because, for one thing, the product is also promoted on other shows. So what? You think I'll sit there and say, "Oh well"?

I don't know whether or not you've noticed it but this culture is sucking muddy rocks at the moment and there is hatred all around - promoted, in my opinion, by rightwing thugs. And I am going to have a hand in beating them into the dirt until all they are is unsanitary.

So go buy some Fox butter and spread it on your toast. Enjoy.

No comments: