Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mormon Church's Prior Baptism Of Dead Jews Could Raise Concerns For Florida Voters


I keep stewing over this very unsettling informatio­n. I almost can't believe it's true...



May late aunt was a very faithful, religious Catholic. My problem with the Mormons is that one of them can evidently decide that her religious views weren't sufficient­, and that she needs to be 'perfected­' or improved through baptism into the Mormon faith - even after death, in order to satisfy a belief which she did not share, and completely against her wishes. I am glad she didn't hear about any of this - it would have horrified and frightened her.



I can't imagine any resolution to this that does not eradicate the egregious procedure altogether - as has been necessary with other practices of the Mormon church - and destroy all the stored records from the past.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: